DISTRICT LICENSE APPLICATION, DOCUMENTS,
2023 Information for Licensed Ministers
All forms and documents are linked below; hard copies will not be mailed; application deadline is April 1.
It is our privilege to partner with you in your call to ministry!
Our North Central Ohio District Assembly is scheduled for July 22, 2023. Dr. Gustavo Crocker will serve as the presiding general superintendent.
In preparation for assembly, annual reports and applications are necessary for all licensed ministers. Please review the Journey Toward Ordination and Plan of Examination documents which have important information regarding approved coursework, courses required per year, time of service, etc.
All paperwork is due April 1 - no exceptions. For reports and applications please use your full legal name (first middle last).
Do you need to meet with the Boards?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, go to Section 1. If “no” to ALL of these questions, go to Section 2.
--Will this be your first district license? (you must have had a local license for one full year; attended the Ministry Assessment Center and completed at least six courses)
--Have you transferred a district license from another district within the last church year?
--Are you a potential candidate for graduation from the course of study?
--Do you have questions about your course of study or call to ministry?
--Did either the Credentials or Studies Board request to meet with you? (click on the appointment spreadsheet to see if you need to meet)
--Do you need to have divorce removed as a barrier for licensing?
--Do you want to be considered for ordination? (you must have graduated the course of study, completed the service requirement and attended the NCO Ministry Assessment Center)
Section 1: You need to meet with the Boards:
-- Click here to set an appointment time (or email email@example.com) for Friday, April 21 (for ordination candidates and special circumstances) or Saturday, April 22 (for new and renewing license candidates) (location: New Life Church, 665 Harcourt Road, Mount Vernon, OH).
-- Please complete all items in Section 3.
Section 2: You do not have to meet with the Boards; please complete all items in Section 3.
-- Please submit all items (must be typed) to the district office by April 1:
- The Application for a Minister’s License
- The Pastor’s Evaluation. (submitted by your lead pastor)
- The Church Board Recommendation. (Each year the church board of the local church where you are a member must recommend you to the District Assembly for minister's license.)
- For first time applicants and those transferring into NCO, pay $15 online or by check for a background check or you can provide a copy of a background check completed within the last 12 months.
- If you have not graduated from the course of study, request transcripts for any coursework be sent to the district office firstname.lastname@example.org (official transcripts are required for first-time applicants and when graduating the course of study; otherwise, unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- You can view an up-to-date list of what is still needed on this google spreadsheet
If you are applying for ordination:
-- Complete all the above AND
-- Click here to set an appointment time or contact the district office (email@example.com; 740-397-5740) to set an appointment with the Credentials Board in Mount Vernon on Friday, April 22. If married, your spouse must attend.
-- Submit the Application for Ordination/Recognition by April 1. (you must submit both the license renewal application and ordination application.)
Please contact us know if we can be of further help. May the Lord bless you.
Crystal Browning, Office Administrator, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Beth A. Heath, District Secretary, (email@example.com)
North Central Ohio District
Church of the Nazarene
602 Martinsburg Road, PO Box 947
Mount Vernon, OH 43050